We allow ourselves 1-9 business days (mon-Fri) to ship orders, but we aim for 1-3 business days. The reason we allow ourselves extra time is because we do make all our products in small batches, by hand, and sometimes things can get backed up, despite our best efforts. Please note, the shipping windows below refer to the time it takes Canada Post to ship your items once the order has left our hands.
Our shipping rates are based on how much your order is worth. Rest assured that we always subsidize your shipping with at least a couple of dollars and most times a lot more! :) We offer free standard shipping (called Expedited shipping by Canada Post) on orders over $75 CAD (before taxes and after any discounts) shipped within North America.
Orders within Canada
- Standard shipping is Expedited which takes 4-9 business days to arrive (we are in Newfoundland, so the closer to the east coast you are the faster your package will arrive)
- If you want your package faster you can choose Xpress mail (more expensive, but arrives within 1-3 business days).
- Please note: CanadaPost charges very high rates for shipments to some remote areas. If this is the case for you, we may have to charge more in shipping. We will contact you and discuss the different options to ship it to you before shipping anything out.
Orders to the US:
- Standard shipping is Air Mail Small Packet USA (for packages less than 2 pounds) or Expedited USA (for packages more than two pounds). Air Mail Small Packet is faster, 6-9 business days but it doesn't have tracking info. Expedited usually takes 10-14 business, but on a positive note it does have a tracking number.
- If you want your package faster you can choose Xpress mail. It takes 6-7 business days to arrive, and there is a tracking number.
Shipping rates for orders within North America
Cost of order
|Standard Shipping:||Xpress shipping|
CAD $0.00 - $30
extra $8 for Xpress upgrade)
Orders from the rest of the world
- Orders that weigh less than 2 kg (approx 4 pounds) can be shipped as Small Packets. This is a less expensive way to ship items, but there is no tracking number. If a tracking number is important to you, please select another option. Small Packet Air Mail International takes 6-14 business days . Small Packet Surface Mail International takes 6-12 weeks (sometimes faster sometimes even slower, it depends a little on where the package is going and on customs).
- Orders that weigh more than 2 kg have to be shipped as a regular parcel by surface or air. Surface parcels are called Canada Post Parcel Surface International and they usually take 6-12 weeks to arrive (again, please remember that it can take even longer, or if we're lucky it can arrive faster). Air parcels are called International XpressPost, and they are guaranteed to arrive in 6-7 business days. These options cost more than small packets, but you get a tracking number so you can follow it on its way to you.
Unfortunately we can not offer free shipping on international orders, since this could cost us more than the profit on the order. We do however give a discount worth the free shipping value for North American orders (a value of $15.00)! This discount is already included in the shipping rate you can see when you choose shipping method.