INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 AND TVÅL
Last Updated: Thursday, April 9th, 2020
Winter, and early Spring is usually a slow time of year for the Tvål Brick and Mortar Shop. We have a small staff of just seven people, and we are all being vigilant (some new 'Best Practices' are outlined below). However, due to the nature of this pandemic, our regular store hours have been adjusted to accommodate scaled back production.
Local (St. John's) Customers/Pick-Up In Shop:
In-store customer service has been suspended until further notice. Our new production/Pick Up hours are as follows:
Tuesday - Saturday: 12-5
Sunday & Monday: Closed
We will also be closed Friday, April 10th (Good Friday).
These hours are subject to change at any time, based on information from Public Health Officials. So please check for updates before heading down!
Once we notify you (via phone or email, whichever you have provided) that your order is ready, we ask that you call us about 5 minutes before you would like to pick it up, and we will place it just outside the front door for you.
Tvål online shopping is still available 24/7! Orders will be continued to be shipped as long as Canada Post operates.
A few reminders for online shopping with Tvål:
- For Local Customers shopping online: At this time, we ask that if you complete your payment online if you are selecting ‘Pick Up in Shop’ as your 'Shipping Method. As always we accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and interact e-transfers.
- We are also happy to take your payment over the phone if you are more comfortable with that.
- As always,shipping is FREE over $75 anywhere in North America. Please refer to our Shipping page for more information. Please note that during the next few months there will be shipping delays that are beyond our control. Please refer to the Canada Post website to see updated service delays in your area!
- We usually note that we may need between 1-9 business days to ship/complete your order, but these are unprecedented times, and therefore we may need some more time, due to possible shortages of ingredients and packaging. As always, we will communicate with anybody whose orders may take a little extra time.
We have been working closely with Dr. M. Burchell over the last few months to improve upon our policies in our production areas, whom has extensive experience with Health and Safety Occupation policies in labs, and we are so grateful to her for her ongoing advice and support!
Precautions & Best Practices being taken in addition to our regular sanitary duties/policies:
- Provided gloves for staff use
- Provided paper towels throughout the store
- Removed/Disposed of all testers… (There will be no samples at this time)
- All makeup testers have been removed and all lip product testers have been disposed of
- Front counter cleared of any product/promotional material
- All bar soaps are now wrapped immediately
- All solid shampoos are packaged immediately
- Safe and sanitary hand washing available
- Regularly disinfecting the storefront area (debit terminal, counter, register, door handles).
Please contact us if you have any other questions:
Phone: (709) 579 - SOAP (7627)
Thank you to everybody who continues to support us during these trying times. We send our best to all of you!
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, and wash 'yer hands! :)